karonda pickle is a type of berry. karonda in english is known as carissa carandas or Cranberry. It is mostly used to make pickles, jams, chutney, and others. karonda pickle is very easy to make. It also has various medicinal benefits. Karonda has high vitamin c, Iron, and others. It is used in the treatment of anemia. Karonda helps in growth and tissue repair. It is also good for the lungs and the secretion of bile.
Cranberry is a type of fruit. Whose pickle is very tasty. This pickle is mostly made in the states of South India. Karonda pickle is served with a variety of dishes in South India. This pickle looks and tastes very sour. The recipe for pickle of gooseberry is given below. So what is the delay, make pickle of gooseberry today and enjoy it while sitting with your family.
Note : Please give us your feedback in the comments. We also welcome constructive comments that will help us serve you better!
Table of content |karonda pickle
- karonda fruit
- karonda in english
- carissa carandas
- karvanda in english
- Recipe card
What is karonda fruit ?
karonda fruit is a type of Ayurvedic plant. Which helps us in fighting many types of diseases. The fruit of gooseberry is called carissa carandas in scientific language. It is also called Cranberry in the English language. Gooseberry is such fruit that many types of jams, drinks, pickles, etc. are made. This fruit in itself is such a fruit that is capable of removing diseases. This fruit repairs the tissue in our body and it is also helpful in diseases like anemia.
Many types of vitamins, calcium, minerals, iron, etc. are found in gooseberry. Which are very beneficial for human beings. This fruit is very beneficial. According to scientists, if gooseberry is taken in the food, then the person’s body will always be healthy. He will be less ill. So let’s start the method of making a pickle of gooseberry after seeing so many properties of gooseberry.
karonda in english |karonda pickle
Gooseberry is a type of berry. Many people know the properties of gooseberry, so they make good use of it. Gooseberry is consumed in the form of different types of dishes and karonda fruit is also very helpful for health and fighting disease. Karonde is called in the English language by the word Cranberry.
carissa carandas is a scientific term. According to scientists, this word was given to Karonda. Which was given this name because of its virtues. Cranberry i.e. gooseberry is such a fruit in the eyes of scientists it has infinite benefits. carissa carandas is the only cranberry in the scientific word. Also, Both words have a great scientific meaning.
karvanda in english
karvanda is a Southern Indian word. Which is related to Karonda. Actually, when Karonda is called by the word karvanda in South India. We all also know that it is called carissa carandas in scientific language and Cranberry in English. So the karvanda will also called Cranberry in English.
Ingredients |karonda pickle
- Karonde (Natal Plum) – 250 grams
- Mustard oil – 1/3 cup
- Asafoetida – to 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Fennel – 2 tbsp
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Ajwain – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 2 tsp
- Yellow Mustard – 3 tsp
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Red chili – 1 tsp
What is Karonda in Telugu?
Karonda in Telugu is called as Star Fruit or స్టార్ ఫ్రూట్ or Vaakkai .
How to cut karonde?
First of all wash the Karonda with clean water. Then with the help of a knife, cut Karonda from the middle in such a way that the Karonda becomes two pieces. If the seeds come out in the middle after cutting into two pieces, then take them out and throw them away. The Karonda is always cut into two pieces from the middle. that’s the right way to cut it .
How do you eat Karonda fruit?
The Karonda fruit is eaten by cutting two pieces from the middle and eat with salt. When Row Karonda fruit is cooked, it tastes very sweet to eat. It is mostly used to make pickles, jams, chutney, and others.
What is Karonda in Kannada?
In Kannada karonda is known as Kauli Hannu .
- daal | dal recipe (recipe of dal makhani)
- recipe for butter chicken
- chutney recipe | indian recipes (veg recipes)
FOLLOW THE RECIPE
• Wash and clean Karonda with water 2 times. Dry the water by placing it in a plate or sieve. Now also cut these Karondas into two parts, if there is any black seed in any Karonda, then remove it with the help of a knife.
• Put yellow mustard, fenugreek, carom seeds, cumin and fennel in a pan and roast it lightly for 1 – 2 minutes while stirring continuously, this removes the moisture of the spices and they are easily ground, now the spices Grind coarsely.
• Put oil in a pan, heat it till good smoke rises. Turn the gas off. Add chopped karondas, asafoetida, turmeric powder to the hot oil and mix, now add coarsely ground spices, salt and red chillies to these karondas and mix them well. It has become pickle of Karonda. After the pickle of Karonde cools down, store it in a glass or plastic container
• If you can keep the pickle in the sun, then keep the pickle box in the sun for 4-5 days and raise and lower the pickle with the help of a spoon once a day. Even if you cannot keep it in the sun, Also keep stirring the pickle daily up and down and after 3-4 days, the pieces of Karonda will become soft and all the spices will get absorbed in Karonda.
Make pickle of whole grains:-
• To make pickle of whole karaonde, don’t cut the karonda, wash the karonda thoroughly and dry the water. Fill a vessel with enough water and let it boil so that the karondas are immersed in water, after the water comes to a boil, put the karondas in the water and cover the karondas and let them boil for 3 minutes. Take out the karods in a sieve, so that the excess water drains out from the karods.
• Put oil in the pan and heat it, heat the oil well till the smoke rises, turn off the gas and let the oil cool down a bit, now add asafoetida and turmeric powder in the oil, also add karonda, ground spices and red chili. Mix, Karonde pickle is ready, Karonde pickle will be ready to eat after 3-4 days, till then all the spices will get absorbed in Karonda, then keep stirring the pickle daily with a spoon, so that all the pickles are in the pickle. Keep mixing the spices well, if there is sunlight then pickle can also be kept in the sun. The pickle can be eaten by keeping it for 1 month .
• To keep the pickle for a year, heat so much mustard oil in the pickle and put it in the pickle so that the pickle remains submerged in the oil.
• Take out Karonda Pickle and eat it whenever you want. Always use a clean and dry spoon while taking out the pickle.
Serve the karonda pickle with pranthe and naan . you can also serve with other indian snacks
karonda pickle |How to make karonde ka achar
KARONDA is a type of berry which is mostly used to make pickles , jams , chutney , and other. karonda pickle is very easy to make . this is used to make pickle , jams ,chutney etc. because it has various medicinal benefits .it has high vitamin c , iron and other . it is used in the treatment of anemia . it help in growth and tissue repair .it is also good for lungs and secretion of bile.
Always use a clean and dry spoon while taking out the pickle.
Wash and clean Karonda with water 2 times.
use low flame where needs.
use clean and glass container which is closed from all sides . so, that pickles can store for a long time.
chop chilies into medium pieces
add crushed spices in hot mustard oil.
cover the pickle with thin cloth.
To keep the pickle for a year, heat so much mustard oil in the pickle and put it in the pickle so that the pickle remains submerged in the oil.
use mustard oil because it well for making pickles.
add salt according to taste .
add chilies according to taste .
Serving Size 100g
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 300
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 0.31g1%
- Potassium 81.26mg3%
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1g1%
- Dietary Fiber 1.6g7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- use mustard oil for making pickle.
- pickles are prepared by pickling methods.
- use fresh karonda for pickles.